A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Monday, March 9, 2009

At A Snail's Pace

Well my friends there is some little person who is dying to meet me, but she wants to drop in a little too soon.
That's right, Lil Miss Thomas has decided that she wants to start her journey into our lives right now, however at 35 weeks we're not quite ready for her yet.

I started what I swore was horrible back labor this weekend and yesterday while in church my contractions started strongly and consistently. Later yesterday afternoon we figured it may be a good idea just to check and see if it was truly contractions or Braxton Hicks, problem was that I was an hour and a half away from home visiting my parents. On the way back they subsided a bit and I thought well I'll just tough it out a bit until tomorrow and just go see my OB but after talking to a few older wiser women I heeded the advice and drug my family to the labor and delivery ward thinking this is gonna be a qiuck in and out visit.
In and out yes, quick visit no. Turns out contractions were real and I've dialated almost 3 cm. Baby girl is so active and fiesty that my uterus and belly are just soooo sensitive and tender to her slightest movement.
Needless to say, we all decided that it would be best to stop the contractions, stay off my feet, monitor fetal movements and contractions until I am in my 37th week.
So for the next couple weeks I will have to move at a snails pace around here. I have so much to do but I am sure that God will give me the wisdom and grace to do it. Until next time, Stay blessed and Encouraged!

6 comments:

Persuaded said...

oh my dear! you and that precious little miss will indeed be in my prayers, hon.

and you stay blessed and encouraged your own self!((hugs))

MrsFranklin said...

Prop those feet up and let the Queens in Training help you out when they can!

Mrs. Amy @ Clothesline Alley said...

Praying for y'all, Mrs. Jamala.

Peapod was a surprise thirty-five weeker after hardly any warning. I went in to see my midwife on Oct 31, marveled to my husband about how difficult it was to work as it felt like a head was stuck in my pelvis (maybe b/c one was! LOL!) and learned that day I was 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Little first time mama me foolishly believed this meant at least a week or two, but what do you know, right after I made my grocery list the next morning...pop....and my water broke. Peapod was born less than ten hours later, perfectly healthy after a wee bit of grunting immediately following her birth. She was released from the special care nursery that night for rooming-in and went home with us two days later.

Be encouraged, my friend, as God will take care of your precious babe just as He did mine. Hopefully y'all will avoid an early arrival, but even if things do not go as hoped for, an early arrival doesn't necessarily mean a NICU stay. Forgive me if you are well aware of this, Jamala, as you probably are, but I thought I'd try to offer some encouragement nonetheless. :o)

A Marriage After His Heart said...

Mrs. Franklin, I am working those queens! lol I got to slow them down though, my 7yr old just decided to help me out by washing her own hair in the shower! now I have a curly tangly mess to attack.Lol

Mrs Amy actually your story was right on time and very encouraging. I just need her to hold off till I can pack a bag and clean my house you know how we women are about clean houses in case of emergencies! I would die of utter embarassment if anyone had to visit me in my bedroom or work in my kitchen guess that serves as a reminder to always be prepared huh! take care

Mrs W said...

I hope it encourages you to know that, even if she is born now, she will most likely be just fine.

However, I hope she does wait till at least 37 weeks for you. I had real contractions for three WEEKS before Jebediah was born. It was painful but we made it and he was worth it.

I hope I am having a girl this time too!

HappyHermit said...

My prayers will be with you.