A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why I Am So Thankful

Mark and the girls
Today I just feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and thankfulness for all the blessings that I seem to have unintentionally overlooked in the past. I was reading this post by Mrs. Anna T and I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry because her testimony of her marriage is nearly mirror my life. I realize that I am truly blessed beyond measure, I am blessed exceedingly abundantly all that I could ever imagine. I have a wonderful husband, beautiful children, both my parents, all of my siblings and peace in my home,heart and soul.
Financially I may not be where I would like to be, but I am where God wants me to be in him, he constantly provides a ram in the thicket for us, and lovingly supplies our daily portion of bread. I don't know how we have managed with what we live on other than it being the miracle of God providing for his people. We have not been forsaken, nor begging bread and the best thing is that this financially challenging time that occurred so early in our baby new marriage has strengthened us as a couple. We both know that we must lean and depend on God together and not throw stones at each other.

I started off a little sad because today that wonderful man that God blessed me with starts his part time evening job. He will leave home at 7am and I won't see him until 10:30 that night, Mon-Thur and every other Saturday mornings. I am glad that God provided a job that won't take him away from services on Sunday and we get the weekends, but the girls and I never really imagined how things would be with him out of our family routine, even if it is momentarily. We have become so dependent on him and his presence that this morning as I was dropping them off at school ( normally his thing) there was this cloudy silence in the car. He normally wakes them every morning with pancakes, and he takes them to the bus stop and picks them up after school, they have developed a bonding routine and now it's off a little. We miss him already. But is such a blessing to know that I have someone in my life who is willing to make the sacrifice of a second job even when it hurts him to be away from his family, so that I can focus more on preparing for baby, taking care of home, and reaching our goal of him going back to graduate school in the fall. It's a small sacrifice now, but the end rewards are so worth it.
On a different note, the girls and hubs had a blast at the Valentine's Father/Daughter Ball.We also had a wonderful family Valentine's Day. We took the girls to breakfast, then we went baby shopping. Friday evening my BFF surprised me buy taking me to Target and buying me the Pack and Play Play Yard that I was looking at. She wouldn't take no for an answer so this is what we walked away with. It's so nice to have best friends!
We didn't get the one I was looking at, we got a better one, we also picked up clothes, bedding, and pampers. Mark and I had so much fun Friday night putting it together when we finally finished we were too excited to go to bed. Just having the crib near our bed drew us that much closer to the reality that we are going to have a child created by the most loving circumstances that will strengthen our bond as man and wife.
Saturday we also took advantage of the VD promotion at Old Navy, and the girls really embraced their inner big sister when they were able to use their coupon to purchase baby items. We walked away with tons of baby clearance items for less than $7 as you can see in the pictures. All and all the Thomas family is excited and greatly anticipating our new arrival. We are truly blessed beyond all that we could ever imagine. Stay blessed and encouraged!

1 comment:

Civilla said...

Hello. You and your family look lovely together. Saw your comment at Terry's blog. God bless.