A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Back To The Home Front!!


Lil Miss Thomas @ 33wks

Many of you know that I went back to work through a small temporary assignment. While I had a great time being around other people and knowing that I was contributing to our household expenses helping my husband while we get settled back on our feet, I can say with gladness that today is my last day and I am ready to go home.

Before I ever had the opportunity to stay at home, I was constantly on the go as a single mamma, career woman. My house really had no order, and it was simply a house. I desired a home. When I first became pregnant and had to come home, it was an adjustment for me because it was clearly say it wasn't anything I was used to or familiar with. I wrote in these posts here and here that I just felt frustrated and out of touch. Secretly I longed to go back to work. I was used to making money and I hated to see my husband carry an unexpectedly large burden knowing we were unprepared. So imagine my satisfaction when I got a call to be a receptionist for 6 weeks at a state agency. It was easy so it seemed.

Well then my whole scheduled changed. Instead of getting the girls up and out and returning home after maybe a restless night to catch up on rest, or setting a schedule to have dinner done by the time my family came home; my days became more or less a mad dash to get everyone out the door so that I could make a 30 minute commute to work.

My evenings would end up being tiresome from just being stuck in traffic, trying to run home at least by 6pm, start dinner, have devotion, homework time, pack stuff for the next day, and then off to bed to do it all over. I started to see that I was out of sync from my former working days.

When my hubs picked up a second job, it became being a single mom all over again. Laundry was piling up, dinner ended up being quick and less homemade, more like cereal or quick throw together in a hurry meals. And mornings were just stressful.

I say all this to make this one point. I miss being at home. I now understand so much what my presence means. We need order and momma aint been around to provide it. So with all that being said I have learned so much and I can't wait until I can retreat to the sanctuary of my little humble abode!

Oh yeah, I mentioned in Monday's post that we had video of the sonogram. I think I got it posted, it may or may not work. I wish they could show these at every abortion clinic across the world, maybe then confused young women would change their minds. It's kinda long but you can watch at your own risk.

Have a wonderful weekend. I am off to try Shelia's chore chart from To Love Honor and Vacuum!

3 comments:

Love Abounds At Home said...

Thank you so much for posting the video. Yes, I agree, they should show a video like this in every abortion clinic.
A woman's presence is so important in the home.

Persuaded said...

you put this so well! when i was working our house lost so much of its "homey-ness." i felt like my life was a mad scramble and the kids had to scramble along after me:( financially, staying at home is tough, but the payoffs in our family life just can't be measured. i'm so glad you have such a wonderful provider to care for you now, dear((hugs))

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

It is a change isn't it, once you realize how much of a difference your presence makes?

I, too, remember when I first came home how I felt like a fish out of water. I, too, was used to making money. But like Persuaded said, I now know that having a full time wife and mama in the house pays dividends that cannot be measured.

Good luck with your chore chart. It'll be hard at first, because you're playing catch-up, but I have no doubt that you will get it all working smoothly in good time.