A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Few Good Deals

Today is I-Hop's annual National Pancake Day and in usual fashion they are giving away a free short stack of pancakes to everyone from 7am-10pm. We did this last year and the girls loved it. There was no need to order any side items because they were full from the "grown up " pancakes. All they ask is that you consider making a donation to the Children's Miracle Network or other local charity. Being that Children's Miracle Network, and St. Jude are my two favorite charities I jump at the chance to support, also I don't have to cook tonight and since Mark will be at work the girls and I get to go out for some mommy daughter bonding time. Did I mention that they LOVE pancakes! LOL! You can find out more about this one day only deal here.


Also, I snagged huge deals at the Goody's Store Closing Sale this weekend. I didn't purchase anything off of the shelves ( the deals weren't as good as they could have been), but I did snag a good deal on a bunch of usable return items. They had a "make an offer sale" and I got an entire large shopping bag of items for only 2$! They are selling everything, hangers, mesh shopping bags, display cases, shelves even their store cleaning equipment ( or at least the store in my area was). This Friday is their last day and I heard through the grapevine that they will have the liquidators in the store and they will be marking items left down to 95% off after 4pm. So if you have a Goody's in your area and think its worth a shot to see if the mark-downs will actually be reflective of a store that is going out of business and wants to sell everything rather than take a loss, then go on by Friday and see what Goody's has to offer.
Crystal over at Money Saving Mom posted this yesterday about Quiznos is giving away a free sub sandwich to the first one million people who register here. From what I was able to determine, you should be able to sign up every adult in your home to receive a free sub sandwich coupon. I signed the hubs and I up and we both got a coupon delivered to our inbox for a free sub. This will make for a really nice lunch date treat.

Have a wonderful day and stay blessed and encouraged!

2 comments:

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

You're turning into a professional at finding deals, huh?

Okay, off to register for the Quizno's subs.

A Marriage After His Heart said...

Tryna keep it so that I can follow a good friend's advice and stay home!!! LOL