A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Still Alive & Well

Where do I start??? Well first and foremost I'm still alive and doing much better. Baby has settled down and we have reached an understanding that he/she has to chill out and just stay put for the next 90 days or so.

I have been a horrible blogger, but with all that has been going on in my life its just been challenging for me to find a soap box and stand on it. I'm still learning the marriage thing so I feel out of place to start all of a sudden blogging as a marriage expert. I still struggle with the desire to return to work for obvious financial reasons so blogging about how much I love being a stay at home wife and mom would be very hypocritical of me because I am still finding my niche in that role. So I have just taken a break due to severe writers block. I don't want to be one of those bloggers who just blog because they don't want to miss a day of blogging, also it is often said that if you don't blog regularly then you loose your blog followers and I guess I just don't want to feel like blogging is a job for me. So I just sit here and peruse blog land, leave my comments and continuously try to feel inspired.

On a different note family life is great, we had a wonderful holiday and new year. My hubs birthday is New Year's Day so it was a very wonderful experience to bring the new year in with him and the girls as a family. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband, and while we are both coming into the growing pains of domestic habitation, its still fun and loving. We have made it through our first six months and it hasn't been hard at all. We keep God first and I stay in my place as a wife who submits to her husband and I love it because I have a husband who lives exactly what the bible says, he loves me as he loves himself and he treats me as such. It is kind of funny watching us mold together as a family. The girls love him but they try their little shenanigans that children do. We have had a few bumps in the blending but early on I let them know that Mark is their daddy and the head of our house and there is no allowances for disrespect or drama. I explained to them that mommy has an obligation to God to obey and follow daddy and we will not be a divided family. There is no step-dad, or step-daughters we are a family and mommy trusts daddy's decisions, so the old divide and conquer tactic won't work.
It didn't take long for them to fall into place once they saw that I wasn't falling for the old divide and conquer trick. They saw first hand we were on one accord, even if I didn't agree with something, we took it behind closed doors, talked about it, and moved on from there. That would be the advice that I would give any single mom on the road to marriage. You have to trust your new husband with the best interest of your children and as the head of your house. You have to submit to his authority which means your children have to also. If you don't feel you can trust him, then don't marry him. But I will save all that for another post.

Well I think that's about all for the updates, hubs and I find out what's in the oven on the 20th so next Tuesday I most certainly will be posting. We are praying and hoping for a boy but will be satisfied with either sex. Keep us in your prayers and Stay blessed and encouraged.

1 comment:

Lylah said...

thanks, dear friend, for stopping by to see our Roman....i LOVE the name you're picking if God gives you a little man. sweet.

yup - it's the "us" against the "them" and children are the "them"...you're modeling well.

will you find out what baby is?