A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Lady Thoughts and Baby Update

May I always look at my husband with this much pride, love, assurance and awe! I am so thrilled to have such a wonderful model and example in our new First Lady and Mom-In- Chief.
The way she supports her husband so full of grace has always inspired me. When I saw this photo I felt it captured a time-less view of her love and admiration for her man.

On a different note, a quick little pregnancy update. The family and I went to my ob visit for my ultra-sound. Earlier I said we were praying for a boy, well we're not 100% sure but it looks like another little woman in the house. I will admit, there was a brief moment of disappointment, the girls immediately broke out in tears, they were so praying for a "baby brother" and my hubs who is excited that we are having a healthy baby tried to hide his temporary let down of the male desire to father a son. I must admit I shed a tear or two. I had a strong desire to give my husband a son, but I am glad to be giving him a child at all. We sucked it up and my soon to be middle child ended the note with " It's okay mommy, as long as we have a healthy and very pretty baby sister, we'll be fine!" So, we are fine!

I am in the beginning of my third trimester and feeling pretty good. I am just trying to get my body ready for the birthing process and fuel up so that I can breast feed with no avail. After reading Anna's birthing story, I have been searching out Douala's in my area so that we can sit down and come up with a good birth plan. To this day I still feel the after effects of my epidural ( migraines, black-outs, constant pack pain due to the injection site not closing as fast as it should which resulted in my leaking spinal fluid) and I am really leaning to investing in a birthing ball, and to try to labor as much as home as possible before going to the hospital.

I have had the unfortunate experience of having both my water broken and my labor induced and I have no desire to travel that road again. I won't swear to a natural birth, but I want it to be as natural as possible meaning no induction or labor or forced breaking of my water. Time is winding down and my excitement is growing. We welcome advice here, so feel to pass your stories along!

1 comment:

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

They are a beautiful first family. I wish them all the best.

As for your pregnancy and delivery, I had 3 c-sections, and one natural birth (if you don't count the epidural) thus nothing to offer in the way of useful advice.

I read Anna's post too. Her birth story was encouraging.