A Marriage After His Heart

My journey and life unscripted as I transition from the role of a single mom living for God to a newlywed trying my best at blending and expanding my family, all while pursing a marriage after God and my husband's heart. Join us on this journey!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Joyfully Trusting in Him & My Husband

Psalms 5:11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.

Yeah!!! I finally get a chance to blog again, I have missed it so much. There have been many changes in my life over the past week and my faith in God has been greatly tested. I thank him for loving me enough to test me and to show me where I need more strength and perfection both naturally and definitely spiritually.

I posted quite a bit in the past about some of the trials and tests that I was experiencing on my job and how sometimes I wish I could be a stay at home wife and mother. Well I guess the Lord was listening to me and has granted what I asked. Tomorrow will be my last day at my job. It wasn't something that was planned and it was very unexpected but a decision that I really have no regrets about.

I do have 1000 thoughts running through my mind about how my life will be and the uncertainty of not working, and I do plan to enter back into the workforce Lord willing, but for now I believe that God is putting me in a position to where I can put all of my trust in him. The enemy often bombards my mind that the circumstantial decision that we made will cause problems in my marriage, but I can see now how being in an unhappy job in where I would come home spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally drained started to pose a small threat. Satan was trying to slowly build a wedge of "busy-ness" and " not enough time in the day" between the both of us. I can now thank God in advance the midst of this predicted thunderstorm for taking care of us and giving us the wisdom on how to live abased and abound.

I know that he is going to bless my husband to provide for us until the situation changes, and I know that he is going to bless me to become a wiser wife and mother which is so much more important to me than being a superstar in the workforce. I would love to see what it feels like to be able to put the same time, effort, energy, and talent into being the wife, saint, and mother that God has called me to be. Keep us in your prayers that we may remain joyfully trusting in him, and that I can go through this learning process of letting go of the reigns and becoming dependent on my husband as he learns from God how to take care of me. I look forward to more blog time now :)

Stay blessed and encouraged! mrs thomas.

4 comments:

Persuaded said...

what a funny thing... i logged on to my bloglines just as your new post came in... and i came right over:)

girlie, i do know *exactly* what you are feeling with the whole issue of leaving your job and all of the issues that that involves. i went through that process a year or so ago and came to the place where i was certain that the Lord wanted me at home. financially it is a constant juggle, and a constant avenue for God to build both my faith and my character. if "sensible" people could look at my budget they would be convinced i am insane for not working, but i know it is what the Lord desires for me, and i rejoice in it!:D

i pray that the Lord would give you peace and joy in your new role as a homemaker, for however long this season lasts. and selfishly i am glad that we will have you as more of a presence in the bloggy-world((hugs))

Bridget said...

I'm feeling selfish too, because I am soooo glad you're back! I will be praying for God to show Himself strong and faithful in this season. Many blessings!! Hang in there.

Terry, Ornament of His Grace said...

Just got back from vacation and am catching up on all your happenings. Will be praying for you, Mark and the girls. And I'll probably give you a call this weekend.

Rosheeda said...

What a great opportunity. Enjoy!